Thursday, December 29

Don't Blink

I was doing my routine cleanup of the kids' bedrooms the other day and I looked around my feet and noticed that there is getting to be less and less of this kind of mess on the floor and more and more "big girl" stuff and messes in Cameron's bedroom. And then I realized that I haven't actually seen her come flitting through the house with fairy wings and a princess dress in quite a while. *sigh*. When Cameron turned three she got her first dress up clothes box and it slowly took over her bedroom. She inherited all of the Disney Princess dresses along with shoes, high heels, wands, wings, and hats. And it has kind of been her trademark thing. In fact, for a long time, every single day she would greet her Dad at the door wearing some concoction of Princesses and Fairies. And Matt would always ask her jokingly, "Don't you ever wear real clothes?" To which she would respond with a twirl or a twist and she was off again to her world of imagination. And it's funny because I never realized it stopped until I came in and picked the mess up off the floor. And it has stopped. And she's getting so big. And it is true what they say, "Don't blink." Life happens when you're not looking.

And so me being psycho crazy mom, decided to stop for a minute and just document this mess. Because I don't keep things. And I will pass this box of dress up clothes on down the line of neices. But I don't want to ever forget what it looked like when Cameron was in the middle of one of her imaginary dream lands.

Princesses and Fairies
Glitter and lace
Gowns galore
Wings and hats and shoes and sequins
Feather boas and more purses than any one girl should own














All wrapped together with a little pink satin, some polka dots, and an American Girl doll hiding underneath.





















"Don't blink. Just like that you're six years old and you take a nap. And you wake up and youre twenty five......."
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: