Thursday, July 5

Frog Catching

For those of you who anxiously await my next post.  I apologize.  You know when you get to a point in your life of complete and utter overload?  This has been me for the past couple of months.  I literally didn't know if I was going to sit down on the couch until 10:30 at night ever again.  It seems like there are not enough hours in my day to acomplish all that I want to achieve.  But, finally, after an EXTREMELY busy May and June.  I am caught up. 
I promised myself I wouldn't blog or download photos until my shower was clean.  And guess how I celebrated Independence Day?  Yep, scrubbing away a good couple of months of grime.  Not the best choice of activities, but Matt took the two older kids fishing in the boat and as soon as they left I put Brody to sleep.  I was on a mission.  The first part of the mission was to finally sit down and finish reading the final book in the 50 Shades of Grey Trilogy.  I have been reading those for the past couple of weeks and can never quite stay awake very long to get through them.  Me and Mr. Grey needed to wrap it up and get on with life.  And finally we are done and on to something a little more brain nurturing.  Good books but a little over kill with the "scenes", if you know what I mean.
The second part of my mission was to buckle down and get the shower clean.  It sucked.  And luckily, I'm not crazy enough to take before and after shots...mostly because you may still have a hard time telling which is which, but it's finished.  Which means I have finally caught up with myself from a few months of sports, end of the school year stuff, Cherry Festival (a post of it's own), Pageant (coming soon), and the big one, Vacation Bible School.

Vacation Bible School is my annual "giving back" to the church community.  My ministry if you will.  I don't volunteer a lot.  I don't like to take on more than I can manage and just simply getting my kids to sit still in the pew for an hour is enough of a commitment at this point.  But, I do love VBS.  I started four years ago "helping" which led to teaching preschool for two years while "helping".  Then I started Co-directing.  And this year, I pretty much took it and ran with it.  And let me tell you, it is a lot of work to put together something exciting for 70 kids for a week.  Yep, 15 hours of God and kids and crafts and chaos.  And it's fantastic.  It's also a lot like childbirth.  You work on this darn thing for atleast nine months.  Planning and obsessing and loosing sleep over it.  It doesn't seem like it's ever going to come together and then lo and behold, it does.  And just like childbirth, I leave there swearing that I will never EVER ever EVER direct again.  And then I forget.  And I just caught myself googling
"VBS themes for 2013".  Crap.

And in between directing and running kids and cleaning showers, we are hot and heavy into frogs and toads and all things boy around here.
 
Tucker is not afraid of anything slimy or wiggly and at most any given time he is usually housing a few bugs or frogs.  We have containers with holes, we have a butterfly house in the garage.  We have a fish tank in front of the house.  And you never know what you might find. 
Here is Tucker doing the catching while Brody watches and Cameron directs.  Atleast they all know their roles in the family.

And somehow the frog ended up in the gas tank on the lawn mower.  A last attempt at hiding from prying and proding hands.
 
 Success!  I think this was actually made it back to the garden.  Some of the others have not been so lucky.  We are having a hard time learning that all animals need oxygen.  All animals need water. And most if not all need to eat.  But, these are the life lessons of little boys.  And as long as they are out in the garage, he is welcome to catch all the critters he wants to catch.  I am even considering an actual frog house for the up and coming fifth birthday.  Love this boy!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment