Thursday, July 5

I told you so

So I really am on a roll with this blog catch up now!  Here is yet another post of catching up.  I'm finding that with boys I am constantly telling them "I told you so!"  In this particular photo, I came out to check on the boys and found this operation going on.
They had found a freshly built robin's nest and were convinced that they needed to check for eggs.  I told them to get off the whiskey barrel before someone fell and got hurt.  About five minutes later here they come.  One with a scratched side, from hip bone to arm pit.  The other with a shirt that was missing an entire sleeve.  And Brody following behind. 
 
And remember a few posts back when I told you how cute the kids were going to be in my 3-d pig masks that I made?  Well here is the proof.  Cameron was the mother pig and so she got a special outfit (I told you how cute she was going to be ) and the rest of the pigs all wore the hats that I made.  This was a great show! 
 

Awwwww.  I had to share this one.  This was Brody's first time in the "sick nest".  For some reason, when the kids are even feeling slightly under the weather, they want me to make them this nest on the couch.  We prop pillows and fluff them and then cover the entire area of the couch in layers of blankets and towels.  The kids feel extra special.  I am just trying to ensure that no flying vomit hits my micro suede.  I have learned that layers are key with the flu.  If they puke, just lift up a layer and lay them back down.  Depending on the flu, layer accordingly.  Much easier than cleaning couches and beds all night long.  You may also notice the brown towel laying right beside Brody.  Keep one handy to clean up the kid and you're golden!  I should seriously write a book.

Soccer star Tucker.  I love watching him play.  I hate soccer.  Don't tell him I said that.
If the damn sun would come out, maybe I wouldn't be so grouchy during soccer season.  Atleast after soccer comes t-ball and usually by then the sun is out and I am a much nicer fan in the stands.  I figure with a girl and two boys I am going to spend a good majority of the next 18 years sitting in a chair on the side lines.  I do not have advice for this.  I am seeking advice on this subject.  If you have any suggestions on how to have dinner at home while spending your life on the sidelines of the soccer fields, I would love to hear about it!  Thanks!
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment