Monday, August 30

Catching Up on Summer


Now that there is some relief in sight from this god forsaken heat, I have the energy not only to down load pictures, but maybe even post some of my Summer creations here on my blog. I am actually smiling today. It is a little bit cold. I almost put on a jacket this morning. But....I don't have one that actually fits my huge belly.

This is a picture of Tucker's birthday cake. The one that he ate the wheel off of. I don't know if I posted that on here or not, but I had made the cake that afternoon, it was cooling in perfect Martha Stewart Style on my rack on the counter. I had to run to the store for some Tylenol because somebody was feverish (can't remember who or why), so I seriously left Matt in charge for 15 minutes. When I came back, I should have known something was wrong because he was sitting up straight and tall with Tucker beside him, both looking equally guilty. He told me he only turned his back for a few minutes (which usually means he's in the bathroom doing his business forever, or on his phone, or checking craigslist) and Tucker ate the wheels off his cake. Tucker immediately starts crying because he knows he's in serious crap. And me, being too tired to start over, get pissed and just tell him he's having a Lightening McQueen cake without any wheels. Awesome. Anyways, after calming down, I realized I could probably just fill the wheel area with frosting and patch it up, and the kid is after all only three, so that's what I did. It was gloppy and floppy and full of frosting, but the wheels are there and Tucker was happy so I guess this is my attempt at Lightening McQueen.

Our weekend was great. The kids stayed at the Grandparents' house overnight. Matt and I went to dinner at Olive Garden, where I totally got my money's worth of the never ending bowl of pasta for $8.95. I ate and ate and ate not so much because I was eating for two, but simply because I could. I figure I'm over 200 pounds now, what shame is there if I continue to gain? Dare me to keep gaining? Watch me. We went and watched The Switch with Jennifer Anniston, which was cute, and then like the book nerd that I am, topped off the night by going to Barnes and Nobles to buy some much needed smut to read while I'm stuck on the couch getting fatter and fatter.

Today I am nesting. Have I mentioned how much I hate nesting? But I am. I'm having the incredible urge to clean Matt's closet and paint our hallway, so that's what I'm doing. The kids are outside swimming, even though it's not very warm, but they're fighting for summer and I, of course, don't care what they're doing as long as they're not bugging me. Tucker has managed to find a huge pile of dog poop...on the sidewalk. And he's riding his trike around it, just trying to decide if it's worth it to ride through it, even though I thoroughly explained the consequences and repurcussions of choosing to do this activity. He is three however, and a pile of poop on a sidewalk is pretty tempting.....so we will see what happens. I'm not betting money on my discussion of cleaning poop off his trike tires is going to keep him out of it. Anybody wanna wager?

No comments:

Post a Comment