Sunday, August 8

This one is about my girl

Between a little girl's birthday party during the day, a family get together later that evening, and Tucker getting his foot broken playing football with my 17 year old brother during the party, we had quite the busy, exhausting, and eventful 5th birthday party for Cameron. Can't believe she's five. Seems like just yesterday.....well, here are some shots of yesterday for ya....

Sorry, no birth photo here, I didn't have a digital camera until she was nine months old, can you believe that? So here is one when she is about 11 months old, just starting to walk and full of life. Sorry it's sideways, exhausted and not going to take the time to flip it.


And here she is just barely two and ready to be the flower girl for the SECOND time in Uncle Jake and Aunt Ashley's wedding.

And birthday number three, which was one of my favorite parties. She was into Mickey Mouse Clubhouse so we did a Minnie Party. She knew this was her big day and she seriously was all sunshine and smiles.

And my big girl turning four. I can't help but picture her when she's 16. Can you say gorgeous? Of course I'm predjudice, but she's just turning into such a cutie. This year was all about pink, pink, and more pink. Complete with a princess party and the princess castle cake that I seriously worked on for 12 hours at night, while she slept so it would be a surprise.

And now, she's five. Not a baby anymore. Ready for school and learning and loving life. She's such a joy and keeps me happy because she wants to be with me ALL. THE. TIME. Whether it's crafts, baking, cleaning, painting toes, whatever I'm doing, she wants to do it with me. It can be exhausting, but in the end, I savor every minute, because she's only five once and pretty soon she'll have better things to do than hang with mom.


So this is where we're at in life. Seems like just a blink of the eye. We had a wonderful time celebrating birthdays. It's exhausting to have both kids back to back, but so special because we really get into birthday "Mode" and make a big deal about each kid. And then it's over and it's time to pack away the party streamers and not worry about it again until next year.

Of course, I just got the party streamers packed away today because as soon as we got up the morning after Cameron's birthday, I had an OB appointment in Boise, then turned around and picked up Tucker back in Emmett and headed back over the hill to the Orthopaedic Clinic to look at his foot, which I was sure I was overreacting about, but you know that lingering feeling you get when you just KNOW something is wrong? Like an ear infection and you go to the doctor and you say, "He's not really sick, I just know." And you're right? Well this was one of those things. I kept thinking about his foot and was sure it was in fact, broken. And it was. In three places. He was playing football with my brother and things got a little wild. High school quarterback lands on my babies foot. hard. He wouldn't walk on it, he just crawled around the house. Still smiling, my easy going Tucker. But now he's in a walking cast for three weeks and using it like there isn't anything there at all. Kids are resiliant, that's all I can say. And I got my first taste of broken bones way before sports started. Boys will be boys, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment